Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dinner alone...





Makes me smile. Don't get me wrong I love my husband. However I was an only child and learned to love doing things alone. So when he has to work I enjoy that time. I went to Uncle Giuseppes' and purchased some fresh sauce, stuffed shells and garlic knots. A simple meal to put together, but it really is so good. It also goes along with the book I am finishing called Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. That book is about a cobbler, the beauty of Italy and hand made shoes. I would love to go to Italy and I can say that this author really has a gift for describing everything in this book. I am going to her book signing at Barnes & Nobles in 2 weeks and I am excited to hear her thoughts on Italy, shoes and women. I plan on reading more of her work.
My meal also helps with today, because it is Ash Wednesday, so Catholics believe in fasting or not eating meat today and every Friday during Lent. Lent is about giving up something 'sacrificing'. A lot of christian groups recommend adding to your life instead, by volunteering, or doing something to make your self a better person. It doesn't matter if you are religious or not, I think a lot of people could really use positive changes in their lives. I am not Catholic, my family is Methodist and doesn't exactly follow these 'rules'. I am trying to not eat meat so often, so I am going to follow these rules during lent, and maybe beyond.

No comments: