Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Nana!



This is a very old picture of my Nana (Madeline).
She passed around 10 years ago, but she was someone very important to me. She was the woman who ran this family and I think she still does from the grave. My mom and grandma will often look up and say in a joking tone "Nana,. you see this!" She had 8 children and many grandchildren. I loved spending time with her, and got to spend a lot of it while my mom (a single mother) would work. One of my fondest memories would be when I would sleep over she would have breakfast ready for me in the morning. She would fill a bowl with cereal and cut an orange in half. She would wrap them in saran wrap and leave a note with my name on it. Then in the fridge would be a glass of milk with saran wrap for the cereal. I wouldn't wake her up for breakfast that way and it was always ready.. she did this all the way until she was committed to a nursing home. It was special to me, even though it was something so simple.
Today she would have been 102 years old. I Miss you, Nana! Thanks for always looking out for our family! If I could be half the Mother and Wife she was I would be great full.

No comments: