Monday, August 16, 2010

What the YELP!

It is possible I am a little bit addicted with online social networking sites. In the past I have had an on line journal (9 years ago, now deleted), then a Myspace page (also now deleted). These days I have my nifty blog here, along with a Facebook page, Twitter account and a second blog with book reviews!
Then last month I learned of Yelp. Their website tag line is "Yelp is the fun and easy way to find, review and talk about what's great - and not so great in your area". It is so easy these days with my iPhone to stay connected to the world and let everyone know what I am up to. BUT the question then becomes: Who cares!?!? Apparently I do, and so do you out there. Yelp is a fun creative way to see where you go, how often, and what you think about the business that you visit. They have given titles to people who "check in" individual locations the most. You can be the "Duke, Duchess or a Regular", you could be the "King" of a whole area. So why not have a little fun a join in. Although my friend Jane is smart, she does not check in until she is leaving- that way no one knows her exact location.

1 comment:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I've never even heard of yelp. I shouldn't even check it out. I don't have time for a new addiction. ;)