Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fashion Remix!

I am setting some year long goals for my self, one of those goals is to be more fashionable. When I worked for Torrid I would dress cute make fun outfits and really show my personality. In the past 3 years working at my current job I have started to loose some of that spunk. I dress business casual for work and then come home to throw on jeans or maybe even PJ's. I usually look better than my boss, so that is a plus. But, being that I don't see many people during my work day, I haven't been making a huge effort besides fixing my hair, basic make up and putting on some slacks and a sweater.

I saw on Mandy's Blog called Life in the Fashion Lane she was doing a challenge from  Kendi Everyday's blog- a Closet Remix. The idea is to use 30 items you already own and not shop for an entire month- just use what you have. I really think I could do that. I think I could force myself into looking better everyday, therefore feeling better too.
KendiEveryday.blogspot.com
Seems like for me the hardest part will making it through this challenge with out shopping and into something for us plus size gals to do. I do not wear skirts or dresses normally, but have a great assortment of dress pants and jeans. I just need to release that inner diva again! I am going to take some time this weekend and figure out some key pieces and work some ideas out. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Katy Mary said...

yay!! a lot of Bloggers are doing this. If you want some more ideas check out ModlyChic.com

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is a great goal! My style has changed so much since working retail long ago. But, I was just telling my mom that I'm finally comfortable with what I wear. It helps that our dress code is pretty strict - business - so I have a good idea of what will be allowed and what won't.

Now, out of work is another story. Between renovating, going to school and just living life, you'll be lucky to find me in anything besides a pair of jeans or sweats. I gotta work on that, too.