Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer is half over?

Summer is FLYING by! I think all that rain in the beginning really messed with my head!
I Just didn't think it was Summer. It seems like not having a second (part time) job this summer has really helped. It has in no way helped my wallet, but it has helped me enjoy my time. Even though I feel like time is going by way to fast this year, I can honestly say I have had a decent year so far.
I had a bad dentist visit yesterday due to a reaction to some antiseptic, so I was feeling a lot of self pity last night. I started thinking about it though. Really should I let a few hours determine my mood for the rest of the week or month? NO!! I am not pleased at somethings that happen in my life however, I think I need to remember that I have a lot of GOOD in my life.
It seems people let the 'little things' get to them, and ignore the positives.
So as an added goal for the rest of this month, and into the year- I am looking at the positives. There are plenty of them out there, sometimes they are just hidden! I am going to move onward and upwards... Should I add a cheesy yet meaningful song lyric?.... Sure why not!!!

Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh-no, oh-no, I got to keep on moving
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch the ground
Oh-no, I got to keep on movin'

No comments: