Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My little girl - Roxy



Meet Roxy!

Roxy is our Pug or rather Puggle that we have had for 3 years. Roxy was a previously owned by 2 other people and could not find the right home. The girl who owned her before us had another small dog and decided that she didn't want Roxy after 6 months. We agreed to take her and she was dropped off a few days later at our house, no leash, bowl, food or toys. It was sad because we knew that she hasn't had a 'real' home till she came to us.
Roxy is a truly busy, fun loving dog. She is quick to play and run around. She likes to taunt the dogs on the neighboring fences, and is really good with other people around. She spins in circles when she needs to go out, and expects a cookie when she comes in.We have become VERY attached to her. She is spoiled and loved!
Monday night, Roxy scared the living day lights out of me and had what I later found out was a seizure. She has never had one (that we know of) before this and it was terrifying. After about 30 minutes she returned to her normal self and left me in a state of panic and shock. I took her to the Vet on Tuesday and was asked to leave her for 4 hours for testing. During that time, I hung out at my mom's house and was nervous and sad. When Greg and I picked her up we learned that she has an enlarged heart as well as a mass in between her stomach and intestines. We had to wait until today for blood test results. Luckily those results came out fine! She is otherwise healthy and will be on seizure medication for the time being daily.
So far she is OK, and I am happy - Although I am still nervous of the "what if 's ". I don't know how people with children do it! This almost made me crazy worrying about her!

1 comment:

Katy Mary said...

I'm so glad she's ok! When my dog would have seizures I would always cry. It's so hard to see & It must have been so scary for you! He was also on a seizure medicine and never had another after the meds so Roxy should be fine :)