Friday, January 15, 2010

"It's Complicated" and old lady perfume

Last night the hubby and I had our date night. It was great because we had a set of tickets and a Gift Card to the movie theater and we didn't have to spend a penny! We saw "It's Complicated", with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. The movie had a great set of actors in it and was very funny. I was happy we chose it, and Greg seemed to really enjoy it too.
While we waited for the movie to start there were about 20 other people in the theater, then 2 women walked in and sat about 4 rows down and to my left. With in minutes the couple that was sitting about 5 feet of them moved to a row near us away from them, and Greg said to me "I smell old lady perfume". Next thing I knew I smelt it too.. so did the people who were around us. There was lots of mumbling and comments and waving of hands in front of peoples noses.
I am not sure how this woman who came in with someone else didn't realize she was wearing THAT much perfume. You would think that the person who was with her would have said something (or maybe she did), but it was very strong. I tried to get the smell out of my nose, by sniffing our popcorn and breathing in and out of my mouth, half way through the movie, I no longer smelled it. My point is, if I ever get to a point where I pour on that much perfume, I hope someone tells me it is TOO much.

No comments: