Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mmm Good!

I am Back.. in the Kitchen!
I am very excited I met my goal for the month of trying new recipes and getting back into cooking. I was very happy that we were able to un pack our kitchen and start cooking again. I wanted to try some new things and made 3 new great dishes this month.

I made Mac n' Cheese from scratch. That was great. I do not have a single pic of it, but it is in the top right corner of this one-
It was 3 cheese - parmesan, monterrey jack and sharp cheddar. For a little kick I added Franks Red Hot. it gave it some flavor but not spicy. On top fresh parsley and also some panko bread crumbs.


Next up was Lemon Rosemary Chicken Breast. It was a delicious meal. The chicken breast were made with skin on in a dutch oven. 2 lemons, fresh rosemary and fresh garlic was used to flavor it. The chicken made our entire place smell wonderful, and left overs were just as good.



Lastly I made Zucchini Parmesan Crips as a side dish with burgers on the grill. Talk about easy and yummy- this was a hit! So easy to make, zucchini rounds dipped into olive oil and then dipped into a dry mix of bread crumbs, parmesan, and chopped garlic. Bake 30 min at 450 degrees. They were really good. Greg (my hubby) really enjoyed them.


I am looking forward to keeping up with some home cooking and trying new things.

1 comment:

Katy Mary said...

Yum I want to make those zucchini rounds!