Monday, June 28, 2010

Turning 30

This month I celebrated my Birthday. Not just any birthday, but a milestone. It was my 30th Birthday. I was fine with it all year, hearing that I was out of my 20's and 'over the hill'. Then the week before my birthday, I was a bit sad, after all I was no longer "in my 20's". Haha.. Then I began to realize that I can't stop time and I might as well make each year better than the last. Here are some photos from a great birthday celebration week.

My mom had my family over for dinner for my birthday. She made all types of Mexican (at my request) for my birthday dinner. We had a fantastic cake from Manhattan Sweets Bakery in Islip. Score for Greg!(what a guy!)It was Chocolate cake with raspberry and canolli filling.

Greg took me to see New Kids On The Block at Radio City Music Hall. Great surprise by him! He had bought me a Tokidoki pocketbook. In the bag were a couple gift cards (Starbucks and iTunes), the tickets and the fantastic ring below!




Went to meet up with friends for our monthly Supper Club, and it was actually a Surprise Party for me! I was shocked! Greg knew the day of that it was going to be a surprise party, but I had no idea and was genuinely touched :)


Next up my BFF Kathy, Greg and I went to Martha Clara for a wine tasting and shopping / exploring on the East End of Long Island. We were in the right place at the right time- we were give a FREE Food & Wine pairing private tasting for the 3 of us, because someone else who had paid for it did not show! We were taken to a private room, given a talk about how to taste wine and also paired it with cheese, meats, and chocolate. This was the best experience with wine that I have ever had!


Lastly, we had dinner this past Tuesday with some friends at the Cheesecake Factory. What a beautiful way to bring myself into my 30's. I am so grateful to have such great people in my life.

1 comment:

Katy Mary said...

yay! Happy Birthday! It sounds like you got some awesome gifts from your man!