Monday, May 30, 2011

Friend Making Monday!

Come join in and add your link HERE so everyone has to opportunity to be seen.  The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it's time for this week's topic! 
FMM: ABC's of Me
Here's how it works...you'll choose topics about yourself, your likes, dislikes, etc.  according to each letter in the alphabet, and share a little with us.


A) I use ATMs I do not like to carry much cash on me, but I do not use credit cards usually. I have my ATM/ Debit card and a couple of other credit cards and that's all. I rather find a bank to use the ATM. I will not use random ones in clubs/bars/gas stations etc.
B) Baking is one of my favorite creative activities. I also like crocheting and scrapbooking.
C) I DO NOT like Chinese food from buffets or counter service places. I don't mind it made from home or at a nice sit down restaurant. If it is one of the other 2 I know my stomach is going to hate me.
D) I drive a lot. My hubby usually does not drive. Road trips, daily errands- I love it.
E) I am a Entertainment news junkie. I watch the celebrity news shows in the evening and check out blogs and tweets to see whats going on.
F) My family is pretty big but all I have contact with is my mom's side. I am the oldest of the 7 1st cousins. My Grandma had 7 siblings and there are a lot of kids, grand kids and siblings from that. I love Family parties and BBQ's.
G) Greg is my hubby! He and I have been together since 2002. We are married 2 1/2 years and have a Pug. Greg is a graphic designer. We have a blast together.
H) High school was a lot of fun for me. I had a lot of friends and participated in many activities like, softball, student government, year book, orchestra and musical productions.
I) Lack of iron almost ended my life last year. That is what it all came down to. Being anemic was just the start of it. I will never ignore symptoms in my body again.
J) I drive a Jeep for a year now and I love it! I have had a few different cars since I started driving and this one is hands down my favorite.
K) My name is Kimberly Patricia. The Kimberly part was a favorite name of my Mom. I was almost named Tabathia (after the show Bewitched). Patricia was my Grandmothers sister who passed away before I was born.
L) Some of the 'social media' outlets I love: twitter, facebook, flickr and blogs.
M) Mornings are pretty simple for me. I lay out my clothes and jewelry for work the night before, that way in the morning I do not have to look for anything. I pick up Starbucks and have a yogurt or something small for breakfast.
N) Nights are early for me especially during the work week. I like to be in bed by 10:30pm the latest.
O) I was an only child / grandchild until I was almost 18. It was fantastic. Then my mom had 2 more daughters in the coming years. I love them so much. But I am glad that I was an only child for so long.
P) One of my favorite snacks are Rold Gold mini pretzels! Love them!
Q) Can't name a quarter back. I am barely able to name a few football players! I am not a fan. My dad never watched football, my husband rarely does and I never got into it.
R) To relax give me a book, Starbucks and a comfty chair. Or a car with a full tank of gas on a nice day. Another way nice long HOT shower.
S) My maiden name started with the letter "S". I knew 100% I wanted to be married but was scared to change my last name. I loved the way it sounded and it meant a lot to me. I knew I was going to change it but was reluctant to.
T) There are a ton of places I want to travel to. I want to see America. Every state! I want to travel to England, France, Spain, Italy ... etc.. I want to see it all.
U) I am a member of the United Methodist Church.  
V) Varicose veins... I got them. LOL They run in my family.
W) I write a lot of notes down. I keep list on my phone, in my wallet and in a note book. I write on my calendar and like to write hand written notes to people. I joined a Pen Pal group and now have 9 people to write to.
X) I like to see Xrays! I always want to see the ones of my teeth at the dentist or any I have done on other parts of my body. I find it interesting. (that is all I can think of for X)
Y) I use Yelp! I check into places and write mini reviews sometimes. I love being coming the 'Dutchess" of an establishment. It is a little addicting. Ha!
Z) Z-pacs are the best thing for me when I have a nasty cold. They seem to clear me right up!

2 comments:

Kenlie said...

I love to bake, knit and scrapbook. Just saying.

And it's really cool to see what comes to mind as we think of the letter Q. The only thing I could come up with was quiet. LOL

Thanks for taking part. I love it! =)

Kim said...

We have a lot in common Kenz! Love that you post this each week!