Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The End of Lent - Easter

Over 40 days ago I wrote my Lent Blog post. I mentioned in that post that I was not giving up anything for lent but was going to try and make some chnages with myself and donate more. Below is what I origionally wrote and then what I actually did.

Here is what I am giving up planning for Lent:

1. Give up cursing (really something I should and need to do)
I cut back a lot.
 
2. Cultivate a life of gratitude- show and tell people what they mean to me
I hand wrote more than 10 cards to let people know how I feel about them. I showed interest in others activities and try to learn more about my friends and family
 
3. Make a weekly donation to some of my favorite charities.
I made donations to
Susan G Komen (Breast Caner research)
Long Island 3 Day Walk for a Cure
 
4. Start a prayer rhythm & Create a daily quiet time
I can not say I have done this well enough. I am getting a start at it, but not a dail rhythm yet.
I read some articles and iformation on Lent. I participated in the Easter Service at my church and hosted Coffee Hour for the day.
 
 
I think that Religion is something very personal. Everyone has their own beliefs and ideas. I don't want to use this blog to influence people into my belief system. But I wanted to recognize that religion is important to my life. I try to recognize that I am not perfect- I may never be. However if I can improve something small about myself every day, then I am better than the day before.

No comments: